There are numerous types of accommodation available to you in and around the South-east London area. We do not directly deal with accommodation arrangements, so you will have to arrange these yourself if you require them. Below are some useful links / contacts for local London accommodation:
The Belgrave Hotel - Located just next to Kennington Park (short bus, or 30min walk away, on tube (Oval))
They can do a cheaper rate for single and double rooms if booked in advance.
• The Comfort Inn Victoria is a 10 minute train journey away from the Institute of Psychiatry
+ 44 (0) 20 7233 6636
Fax: + 44 (0) 20 7932 0538
• The Park Plaza Riverbank is situated between Embankment and Elephant and Castle tube stations. It is approximately a 15-20 minute bus journey
• The Tophams Hotel - Located next to Victoria station. It is a 10 minute train journey from the Institute of Psychiatry
• Pasha Hotel, 158 Camberwell Road, is a 15 minute walk from the institute of Psychiatry.
You can also find a hotel to meet you requirements at:
Alternatively if you are to commute to the Institute of Psychiatry, there are various different methods of transport that you can take:
• Denmark Hill Station is adjacent to the IoP and the Maudsley Hospital. It can be reached by trains from Victoria, London Bridge, Blackfriars, Elephant & Castle, and Clapham Junction (via the Overground Service).
• Loughborough Junction Station is about 15 minutes walk away and is served by Thameslink trains from London Blackfriars via Elephant and Castle.
• By Tube - the nearest tube stations are Brixton (Victoria Line), Oval (Northern Line) and Elephant and Castle (Northern Line - City Branch) from where the journey has to be completed by bus.
• Very close to the Institute: The following buses stop at the Maudsley Hospital next to the Institute of Psychiatry: 40, 68, 176, 185, 468 and 484.
• About 10 minutes walk from the Institute: The following buses stop at Camberwell Green: 12, 35, 36, 42, 45, 345, 436 and 171.
More information about Transport in London is available here: www.tfl.gov.uk